On the weekly clean power news and views, we bring you the latest cleantech and clean energy news, thought leaders, and innovators. Our motto is ‘Speeding the Energy Transition!’
This week John Weaver and I discuss,
1. Resi Solar is ‘Crossing the Chasm’ in the US - we need to solve the soft costs problem according to Ryan Kennedy at PV Mag
2. High electricity rates push homeowners to consider solar.
3. First solar cell factory (modules too) in the USA for a decade announced - Enel 3 GW up to 6 GW
4. Volvo launches first semi made with fossil free steel
5. Why the Feared Wave of Solar Panel Waste May Be Smaller and Arrive Later Than We Expected.
6. Heat pumps for harsh cold environments
7. Tampa launches solar powered sidewalks to run street lights when electricity goes out
8. US army starts construction of microgrid based on Lockheed long duration energy storage
9. Are sheep ITC eligible? Here’s some good logic. (probably not, but if we push hard enough, maybe)
10. Billions flowing into battery factories in the USA - nice chart sharing capacity announcements
We were also joined by Scott Nguyen from from Bodhi Solar to discuss the soft costs of solar and what installers.
The podcast is available on YouTube and audio platforms like Spotify, Apple, Google, and Amazon. We bring you interviews with cleantech entrepreneurs, investors, manufacturers, and energy professionals weekly.
What technologies are trending?
Why are we excited about agrivoltaics or dual-use solar?
What are the challenges and opportunities for renewable energy, electrification of transportation, and decarbonizing the economy?
Listen, like, comment, and share! Get all our content at www.CleanPowerHour.com and reach out to Tim Montague @tgmontague on Twitter or Gmail.
The Clean Power Hour hosts and cleantech professionals Tim Montague and John Weaver (the Commercial Solar Guy) bring you the latest solar, wind, and energy storage news.