On the weekly clean power news and views, we bring you the latest cleantech and clean energy news, thought leaders, and innovators. Our motto is ‘Speeding the Energy Transition!’
This week John Weaver and I discuss,
1. New EV wireless charging technique
2. Preliminary tariff ruling is for tariffs - but there are a lot of ways to make this not hurt the market too much
3. New article talking about the mileage for an EV to cover its carbon debt versus an ICE - 16-21k miles
4. Check out THIS ROBOT
5. Install of the week because these guys are up on wires
6. Results from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s wind energy auction for five leases offshore California…competitive high bids from 5 companies totaling $757.1 million, well exceeding the first lease sales that were held in the Atlantic.
7. Senate Bill introduced to incentivize solar carport deployment in California
8. The IEA has raised its renewables projections by 76% since 2020 - check out the increase chart
9. Battery packs officially up per Bloomberg - not expected to drop again until 2024 - “'volume-weighted average priced lithium-ion battery packs across all sectors up $151/kWh in '22, 7% rise from '21 in real terms...BEV prices were $138/kWh on a volume-weighted average basis...cell level BEV prices were $115/kWh...price drops expected in 2024'
10. Norway has almost completely gotten rid of gas cars - a tiny sliver on the chart, but almost all special vehicle types
The podcast is available on YouTube and audio platforms like Spotify, Apple, Google, and Amazon. We bring you interviews with cleantech entrepreneurs, investors, manufacturers, and energy professionals weekly.
What technologies are trending?
Why are we excited about agrivoltaics or dual-use solar?
What are the challenges and opportunities for renewable energy, electrification of transportation, and decarbonizing the economy?
Listen, like, comment, and share! Get all our content at www.CleanPowerHour.com and reach out to Tim Montague @tgmontague on Twitter or Gmail.
The Clean Power Hour hosts and cleantech professionals Tim Montague and John Weaver (the Commercial Solar Guy) bring you t
Corporate sponsors who share our mission to speed the energy transition are invited to check outhttps://www.cleanpowerhour.com/support/
Twice a week we highlight the tools, technologies and innovators that are making the clean energy transition a reality - on Apple,bit.ly/cph-sub | www.CleanPowerHour.com | contact us by email: CleanPowerHour@gmail.com | Speeding the energy transition!